Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Spain moves toward universal basic income after Covid-19

https://www.businessinsider.com/spain-universal-basic-income-coronavirus-yang-ubi-permanent-first-europe-2020-4

Calviño didn't offer a specific date as to when basic income could be rolled out in the country. But she said the government hoped it would become "a permanent instrument."
"We're going to do it as soon as possible," she said. "So it can be useful, not just for this extraordinary situation, and that it remains forever."

***

This may be the first time in modern history anyway that a country has adopted this idea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Upon first discovering your site, I was very impressed with a talk given by a Gentleman regarding AOC i.e. Alexandria Occasio Cortez. It was extremely well done, and I have been searching for it. I can't find it in your archives. It was only two weeks previous, when I saw it, and I regret I didn't note the man's name who gave it. Please tell me how I can view that video talk again, as it was well documented and spoken. I wish to share it and bring others into your website. Thank you very much. I enjoy most of your info. so far, and will provide more comments as I become more familiar with the content.
Fayth Elaine Kirk
babyboomerboom@gmail.com